Things to Do in Lisbon This Summer
While summers in Lisbon can be hot, persistent breezes and a lack of rainfall keep things pleasant; just make sure to book ahead, as this is the high season in the city. Here are our tips for the best ways to spend your long summer days in the Portuguese capital.
- Get a great view of Lisbon’s cityscape from aboard ahop-on hop-off tour bus.
- Watch the sunset over the Tagus River aboard an intimateriver cruise.
- Zip from bakery to ice-cream shop with aSegway food tour.
- Visit the enchanting town ofSintra, celebrated for its whimsical architecture.
- Hear Portugal’s plaintive national music and dine on local cuisine at aFado dinner show.
- Sign up for apastry-making workshopand learn how to whip up your own Portuguese desserts.
- Learn about Portuguese wine with awine-tasting tour.
- Try your hand at Portuguse cooking with aculinary classin the home of a local.
- Take a trip out toFátima, Portugal's most important Marian site.
- Check out the fantastic collection of contemporary art on display at theMuseu Coleção Berardo.