Rua Santa Catarina
The buzzing heart of Porto, running from Praça do Marquês de Pombal in the north to Praça da Batalha in the south, Rua Santa Catarina is Porto’s principal shopping street. The pedestrianized thoroughfare stretches for some 1.5km and is lined with beautiful Art Nouveau buildings, plus a huge selection of shops, restaurants, patisseries and cafés. This is the spot to find big name brands like Nike, Bellissima and Prof, while the Via Catarina shopping mall offers international stores like H&M and Zara, as well as a sizable food court.
Rua Santa Catarina is also home to the magnificent Capela das Almas, a striking blue chapel decorated with ornate azulejo tilework; the famous Café Majestic, renowned for its opulent Belle-Epoque style décor; and the lively Mercado de Bolao, Porto’s largest open-air market, where stalls are laden with fresh produce, fragrant spices and exquisite handicrafts.
Rua Santa Catarina Tours
Should I book Rua Santa Catarina tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Rua Santa Catarina 2021?
What's the best way to experience Rua Santa Catarina?
- Porto: 3-Hour Food and Wine Tasting Tour - Guided Experience
- MagicTrain Tour and Port Wine Cellar Visit & Tasting
- Private Tour: Porto City and Wine Tasting
- Porto City by Electric Bicycle with Transfer INCLUDED
Things to do near Porto
- Things to do in Northern Portugal
- Things to do in Braga
- Things to do in Peso Da Regua
- Things to do in Coimbra
- Things to do in Vigo
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in La Coruna
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Setubal District
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Galicia