- Small-group guided walking tour of Lisbon (limited to 20 people)
- Visit Sé Cathedral, Commerce Square, and Rossio Central Station
- Walk around Lisbon's oldest district, Alfama, and the elegant Chiado neighborhood
- Learn about Fado (a type of music) and the city's history and culture
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Rossio square, Lisbon Directions: Meet by the statue of D. Pedro IV at the center of the square Return point: Comércio Square
What To Expect
Continue your Lisbon city walk to Liberdade Avenue, where you can observe Portuguese art deco architecture like the 18th-century Foz Palace. Nearby, visit the Rossio Central Station and listen as a train heads into the tunnel towards Sintra. Hear how this 19th-century engineering marvel was built and stands as one of Portugal’s most impressive accomplishments.
Next, head to historic Carmo Square, home of the 1974 Carnation Revolution. Here, learn how Portugal’s previous dictatorial regime collapsed after a 48-year rule. Stroll onward to reach the charming Chiado neighborhood full of boutiques, theaters, bookstores, and vintage cafés. Explore this chic quarter while stopping for a coffee (own expense) or popping into a store for a peruse the souvenirs.
Hop off at Alfama, an old quarter, known for its Moorish heritage and the establishment of Fado. Learn about Portugal’s melancholic music as you walk by Fado restaurants tucked in between alleys and winding streets.
Finally, arrive at Lisbon’s oldest cathedral, Sé de Lisboa. Snap some beautiful photos and then walk to your last stop, the majestic Commerce Square (Praça do Comércio). Hear how the reception hall was used to welcome travelers arriving from the Atlantic, before your tour concludes and you continue exploring on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inside Lisbon
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Best of Lisbon Guided Walking Tour.